Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Splurge

Happy Valentine's Day to us!
This camera does everything except make us look as skinny as we want to be. (But I'm sure we could find some software for that.) But for that, we have splurged on something else:

Memberships to Gold's Gym!We said all the way through college that when we graduated we would get memberships to a gym. Well Kendall has been graduated for almost 3 years and me for almost 6! We have been trying to avoid the cost of the gym, but with 4 kids it just wasn't happening. Kendall and I have gone every day this week and intend to continue doing so. We are both incredibly sore and tired, but it is the most wonderful feeling! I know I'm not any skinnier than I was a few days ago, but I look at myself differently knowing that I am actually doing something about it. The step class that I went to this morning totally kicked my butt, and I can't wait to go back on Friday and do it again. But there was a fleeting moment when I wondered if they would have to just sweep my heap of a body off to the side after class. However, I made it through, still smiling and was even able to carry Rigdon to the van afterward. :) Here's to new beginnings!

We chose Gold's Gym because it was affordable, had the weights that Kendall wanted, the classes that I wanted, and most importantly free babysitting with good hours. The kids think it is a big treat to go to the gym and play and I feel like it's a great break to get away and work my heart out.

No comments: