Thursday, October 30, 2008
8 Things I am looking forward to:
Wednesday, October 29, 2008
The long version is: Mercedes eye has been swollen and looked kind of bruised now for about 4 months. If you look at the picture above you can kind of see it. It's her right eye. Pictures never show it as well (thankfully), but you can get an idea of what I'm talking about. At first we thought it might be what they call an allergy shiner, just meaning that she was having an allergy to something I was eating. But since it isn't in both eyes and since it's getting worse, it isn't that. Then we had the pediatrician look at it and she wasn't really sure. She thought it might just be blood vessels close to the surface, but I'm not buying that. When it started getting even worse we wanted to look more in depth. Our home teacher is a doctor and he thought it looked like a hemangioma. He said to go to the dermatologist. So we did that. The dermatologist said it didn't look like a hemangioma to him, he thought it was a plugged tear duct and sent us to an oculoplastic surgeon (a fancy eye doctor who performs surgery) and she said it isn't a plugged tear duct. She thinks it's a hemangioma. :( So who knows. We now have an appointment to go see a pediatric opthamologist. I'm hopeful on this one since they specialize in pediatrics. The oculoplastic surgeon did, however, say that she didn't think that it was dangerous and she didn't think that it would need surgery. That's the best news that we've gotten. The unfortunate thing about all of this is that Mercedes is now TERRIFIED of strangers. But can you blame her? Every new person she sees looks right in her face, takes a bright flashy picture of her eye and proceeds to poke her in the eye. I don't think I'd trust people either. But it makes for interesting times when you go to the store and people say "Your baby is so CUTE!" and then she starts to wail. Hmm. What to do. Here's our poor little princess, all tuckered out from her trip to the doctor yesterday.
Monday, October 27, 2008
That's our update for now!
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Kendall's sister sent us this video. It's a little lengthy, but I died laughing because it is the most true thing that I've heard in a very long time!! Those of you who are married will expecially appreciate this. I thought that Kendall was atypical, but this proves that he is still wired just like other guys. This guy has it right on!
Here is the kitchen as taken from the dining room. Notice that I do not have a much needed pantry, hence all the food on top of the fridge. The kitchen is very small and my least favorite thing about the house, but at least it's mine and I can paint it red if I want to. We are planning on putting in a pantry, buying a dishwasher, and painting so that it is cranberry, gold and white. We will also put in a microwave over the range instead of taking up counter space. All in good time!
This is by far the best feature of my kitchen right now. This is a brand new stove that Kendall bought me, complete with 5 burners and a convection oven! I absolutely love it!
We then continue our tour down the hall and into the bathroom. This bathroom will eventually be purple and green when I have the money for new towels and rugs.
and here are the dressers/closet (a must for all those pink clothes). I bet you can't find Avri in this picture!! (She had a shy moment.)
This is Talmage's room. It has like no decorations because I'm still really not sure what to do for it. I want Kendall to make me this cool bookshelf that I saw in Pottery Barn, but that requires time on his part, so maybe someday. And I still need to get him a real bed set. And as you've probably noticed, I don't have blinds or curtains in any of the rooms yet. For now sheets and blankets are working.
We now proceed down the stairs and into the family room. This is the TV side of the room,
Next we go into the laundry/storage room. I really couldn't get decent pictures of this room. It is quite a big room, although it doesn't look like it.
This is the rest of the storage room, complete with a fridge that is right next to...
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Sorry the pics are so dark, our back yard doesn't have the greatest light. The really bad one still has a little shadow of stain, but I'm going to try putting it back outside again now that it isn't raining.
We carved pumpkins a couple days before to enter in the contest. Kendall's took 2nd and Avri's took 4th. (There were only 4 entered :) ) Here is Avri helping gut the pumpkin.
All 5 of us went as pirates. We took our ship toy box that my dad made for Christmas and pulled the kids around in it for trick-or-treating. Here is Dad and Grandpa taking the kids around the cakewalk.
Mercedes thought that the parrot that Daddy was wearing was pretty funny. She didn't want to take her eyes off of it.
The party was fun. They served hot dogs and chicken nuggets, juice boxes and chips. They had hay rides in the parking lot (which was cold), pumpkins for each child to decorate, and a bag of goodies. They also did pictures and bobbing for apples. We were the first to bob, so the water was still clean and I wasn't against it. We told Avri to reach in the water with her mouth and grab and apple. I got the camera ready and she pulled it up, first try without any trying at all! I couldn't believe it. She cheated because she grabbed the stem, but I was proud of her for being smart enough to think of that.
Talmage, on the other hand wasn't tall enough, so they kept bringing over more water to bring the level of the water up. Once that was done he still didn't get it, so he would just stick his face in the water. He wasn't really getting the point that you were supposed to TRY to get an apple. So we just gave him one and moved on.
We all had lots of fun and it wasn't too long, so mom and dad were happy.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
1) Did you date someone from your school? Yeah, Kendall. We started dating the beginning of Junior Year, and the rest, as they say, is history.
2) What kind of car did you drive? I drove one of the ugliest old Chevy S10 pickups. It had a personality of its own. When we bought it for $100 it was painted blue and brown, and I think one other color, then my dad and I painted it dark green. But was I sure glad to have something to drive!
3) Did you pass your driver's license test the first time? I think so. I don't have any terrible memories of failure, so I'm pretty sure I did.
4) Were you a party animal? Not in the normal sense of the word party. I went to lots of stuff, but it was the good ole Utah Valley type fun party stuff.
5) Were you considered a flirt? Nope, not at all.
6) Were you in band, orchestra, or choir? I was the president of the orchestra and I was in show choir (GO ENCORE!!).
7) Were you a nerd? Define nerd...okay, probably yes.
8) Were you on any varsity teams? No, I'm not terribly athletic.
9) Did you ever get expended or expelled? No, but I did get arrested once. :)
10) Can you still sing your fight song? I could probably do most of it with only a few dadada's.
11) Who were your favorite teachers? Miss Lambert was the BEST teacher that I think I ever had and I loved Mrs. P!! And who can compare to Mama Manu?
12) Where did you sit at lunch? On the steps, at a table, I don't know, where everyone else sat.
13) What is your school's full name? Lehi High School
14) School mascot and colors. Pioneers, or wagon wheel (the jury is still out on that one), purple and white. A little weird, huh?
15) Did you go to homecoming and who with? As a junior I went with Jeff Lew and as a senior, Kendall.
16) If you could go back and do it again, would you? I think I would. I really loved high school. It was a really good time in my life.
17) What do you remember most about graduation? That it was long and that I was grateful that I didn't have to speak and that my parents were really mad that no mention was made that I was valedictorian.
18) Where did you go on Senior Skip Day? I don't think we had one. We had a lame-o class.
19) Were you in any clubs? Yeah. National Honor Society (secretary), Yearbook(I guess that is more a class), Academic decathalon, Seminary Council (secretary again). I think that's it.
20) Have you gained weight since then? Unfortunately, yes. Lots. But I'm working on fixing that.
21) Who was your prom date? Kendall. Both Junior and Senior years.
22) Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? Hopefully, it's a little ways away, but since Kendall and I graduated together it isn't too bad.
23) Did you have a job while in high school? I worked at Hogi Yogi and Teriyaki Stix for a while and I babysat as much as my schedule would allow.
I tag...Kristen, Kendra, Dannielle, Rachel, Holly, Sunny, Janie and anyone else who's brave enough to reveal that past!!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Some other good songs by this same guy would be: The Toast Song and Eighteen Wheels on a Big Rig. Go to You Tube and look them up if you need a laugh like I do today!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Avri: Mom, let's sing "Hercules."
Mom: (Singing) "I have often dreamed..."
Avri: No mom, you have to start with the muses.
Mom: You do huh?
Avri: We are the muses, goddess of art, protectors, namafmmn, heroes like HUNKULES!
At this point I burst into laughter, I could hold it in no longer.
Talmage: Mom, bucket head!
I look at Talmage, who loves to put buckets on his head, to see the bowl of his potty upside down on his head. But have no fear, for he has not actually gone to the bathroom in it for weeks.
Mom: Talmage, that is not a bucket. That is gross.
We proceed to get pjs on, brush hair and Talmage is running around yelling "New shoes!! New shoes!!" Here is a picture of the kids wearing their "new shoes." Notice there are no shoes in the picture. He has found a recent fascination with footie pjs and calls them his new shoes. Guess it's time to go buy some slippers.
Side note, the kitten is gone. Avri decided that it was too noisy and said "Mom, we should take Dusty back to those nice people. He is too noisy." Kendall and I jumped on the excuse and promptly returned the kitten to its owner, happy to be rid of the stupidity of our decision. Needless to say, we will not be getting a pet for a while.
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
**Note: I will soon be posting a post on the tour of our house, I promise it is coming Janie, I'm just very slow.
She loves to chew on anything but a pacifier, Her hair is weird, she has two cowlicks close to each other which makes her hair all grow into a natural mow-hawk,
she's quite the charmer, yet a trouble maker, and LOVES to snuggle with her Daddy. (He doesn't mind it either!)
I have a cute little video of Mercedes using her eyebrows to charm, however, I can't get it to load. Maybe some of you blogging experts have some advice? Is it too big, is it my computer, or am I just not smart enough to figure it out? Hmmm.
Friday, October 3, 2008
And Talmage REALLY enjoyed. He was so funny!
Just as a side note, I just got off a Skype call with Kendall's family, and his brother Aaron just opened his mission call to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil! Congrats Aaron!! (And if you don't know what Skype is, you should ask me because it is free and very cool for keeping in touch!)
So back to the weekend. We got our very quiet meal and drove home without a single interruption. It was lovely!! We had to pick up Mercedes, but Avri and Talmage stayed overnight at Grandma and Grandpa's and so we went home and had a very quiet night as well! In the morning we slept all the way until 8:30!! Hooray! And then we got almost all the rest of the pictures hung. So a post will be soon in coming of the tour of our new house. I sort of forgot, and now I just need to clean up so I can take the pictures. Anyway, it was a fantastic evening. It's amazing how much more you love your children when you get away from them. Four full hours of only Kendall was great. We had a lot of fun just catching up with each other.
I've been trying my hand at costume making. I'm trying to make matching poodle skirts for the girls and I. We are having a ward Sock Hop in January that I want to have skirts for, so I decided to make them. They are turning out a little easier than I thought (imagine that) except for the issue of when to work on them. Nap time goes WAY TOO FAST!! These are obviously not done, but in the process. I'm not planning on having them finished until January, but I'm shooting to have them finished soon. We'll just see. :)
And I have learned to make hair bows. I'm still way new to it and really practicing, but here are some of my newest creations on Sadi and Avri.
These are both on alligator clips so that they are interchangeable and everything and Avri is way excited about new accessories. She is such a girl!! But I guess so am I since I'm the one who wanted to learn. A couple of ladies in my ward here taught me a few things, but I still have lots to learn. All this has been in the last week (hence the absence from blogging). But I'm going to have to slow down a little since the bathrooms need to be cleaned and Avri wants to learn how to read. So, those will be my new projects. I think that bathrooms may be harder than the reading.