Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ooops

It is now March. Kendall had a birthday in January. I had a birthday in February. I haven't blogged about either. :-( I just haven't been able to keep up with anything since Rigdon was born!

Kendall turned 28 on January 11th. We had a simple birthday celebration. We gave him gifts, made a special dinner for him, made Chocolate mousse with raspberries for dessert (he doesn't like cake) and did our best to make him feel special. For dinner we went for a summer theme: barbecue pulled pork sandwiches, jello, and homemade potato salad. Kendall and I went out to dinner at Five Guys Burgers and Fries the weekend before his birthday. It is brand new in the area and was VERY busy, but it was yummy.

I turned 28 on February 17th. Kendall spoiled me (as he always does) with lots of nice gifts, and we had my favorite, Chicken Pot Pie. I have a recipe that is to die for. I. LOVE. IT. But it is so time consuming to make that we hardly ever have it. So Kendall helped me the night before make a couple of pies, one to cook for my birthday and one to freeze for later. Does it get any better than that? He also made me Grasshopper Pie. It is my dear friend Chelsea's recipe and it is heavenly. We haven't had it for years. But it was fantastic.

On Valentine's Day we were supposed to have our swing dance class. However, the teacher ended up with the flu and class was canceled. So we had to think of some last minute plans. We went to Hickory River, which isn't terribly romantic, but delicious none-the-less. (I'm finding a very prominent food theme in this post.) After we had dinner we did some shopping. I know what you're thinking: Exciting Valentine's Day! But it is so nice to go somewhere and hold hands with each other instead of the kids while we shop. We decided to get a combined gift this year. Something that we've wanted for a long time but it was just too expensive. I won't tell now. That will be a different post. So to finish up our cheap Valentine's date we came home and watched a movie while the kids were sleeping. It was actually a very relaxing night.

On a more personal note, I am more in love with my wonderful husband every day that I am alive. I knew that I was in love with him way back in 2000 while we were still dating. And I was the happiest woman alive on the day that we were married in 2003. But now, in 2011, he has given me the world. We have 4 beautiful children a wonderful marriage and home and I am more in love with him than I could have possibly understood the day that we were married. Time, sacrifice and trials have made us stronger together and brought us closer together. I don't think that there has been a single day since I met Kendall that he has not made me laugh. I love you so much, Kendall. Thank you for being my eVeRyThInG!

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

Yeah! I love all the updates and reading all about your cute family! I sure hope that I am the same Chelsea that introduced you to Grasshopper Cake ... glad you were able to enjoy some for your birthday! Hmmm .. . I've gotta find some excuse to make some for us soon!