Our Family

Our Family

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Museum of Science and Industry

Kendall and I decided to celebrate our anniversary a week early so that we would be around when my brother flew in for a visit the following weekend. So my parents took the kiddos overnight and we went to dinner and a movie. First thing in the morning we drove up to Chicago and went to the Museum of Science and Industry. I had never been, and Kendall went once when he was like 12.

I knew Kendall would love it, but I wasn't sure I'd find a whole lot that interested me. But it was a blast! So interesting, and not having the kids made it even more fun because we could spend time where we wanted to. These pictures are more for my memories, since you really have to experience a museum. You really can't see how cool things are through a couple of pictures. But here were some of my favorites.

They had a chick hatchery. We sat there for a long time waiting for one of the many chicks to hatch. They were too cute.
Here are a few of the slightly older and much cuter ones!
They had this thing called a "Reactable" which is like a musical instrument type thing. It was really interesting. You put these different blocks and tiles on this big base thing and it would play different rhythms and sounds. You could speed them up and slow them down and change them just by twisting the blocks. Really new age stuff for music. I loved this quote.
One of the most fascinating (and slightly disturbing) exhibits that they have is about new life. They had these babies at all different ages of development. I was completely amazed by how each and every baby, even very very early on has distinctive facial features. This was a baby that was the exact age as my little nudger. You can't really tell from the picture, but Kendall's hand is right on the glass to try to show size. This was, however, like 6 or 7 weeks ago, so our little boy is much bigger now.
In the futuristic area they had this electric car that got something like 300 miles to the gallon. I don't think our family would fit in it, but I'd sure love those gas prices!
Thanks to my parents for giving us such a nice break so that we could spend a nice weekend together.

1 comment:

DeCaires Family said...

We had a blast at that museum even with the kids! It is one of the best museums I have ever been to!