Our Family

Our Family

Friday, May 25, 2012

St. Patty's Day Celebration!

A week or two before St. Patrick's Day this year my brother and sister-in-law came to visit. My brother had some training with Caterpillar, so my sister-in-law and I got to hang out during the day. It was so much fun, not to mention great to have another pair of hands to help with kids.

One night she wanted to give Kendall and I a chance to go out and leave them home. She had dinner, crafts and activities all planned out! They made some St. Patrick's Day crafts that even Rigdon got to get into. They made clover stamps out of green peppers. I only have 4 kids, so obviously they were having so much fun that they each made multiple pages of stamps!

 Then they made clover treats out of pretzels and candies. These were mint M&Ms and they were yummy!
 They also made an Easter decoration, but apparently I don't have a picture of it yet. Or else I can't find it. Allison played games with the kids and did LOTS of reading. They all had a blast
 You can see why my kids adore them. They spend so much time and give them so much attention.
The actual day of St. Patrick's Day came and the kids set their trap for the leprechaun, hoping to catch one this year. But alas, he got away and all they got were gold chocolate coins.

 The leprechaun wasn't terribly happy about being captured though, so he turned the toilet water green and toilet papered the kitchen to get back at us.
The kids thought it was so funny! I am getting to the point where I really enjoy St. Patrick's Day, too. The kids make it so much fun for me. Maybe next year we will actually catch us a leprechaun and get our wish.

No comments: