Our Family

Our Family

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Eye News

I think I'm almost caught up on my blog. Now I need to catch up on reading all of yours!! But I thought I'd just give a little update on my eye. I had my final appointment with the opthalmologist this week (HOORAY!). My ulcer is gone. I have a pretty good scar on my cornea, but it doesn't affect my vision. The doctor said he didn't think I'd ever wear contacts again, but he's very pleased and surprised at how well it has healed. I think it is nothing short of a miracle. So I am cleared to wear contacts in my left eye. Unfortunately I got pink eye last weekend and so now I have to wait until that clears up for contacts, but we are almost there. Just a couple more days! I thank the Lord for my vision. My eyesight is terrible, but it could be worse and I could have had to do surgery or lost vision or any number of things. The Lord watches and protects us.

5 comments:

The Oman Family said...

I am glad things are working out for you. That is great your eye has healed so nicely.

Stephen and Gabrielle said...

What great news!

Chelsey said...

Oh I'm so glad that your eye is doing better! It looks like Christmas was fabulous!! Those wands are beautiful! How did he make those?! You inspire me to be more crafty, I wish I had your talent for it. Hope all is well with you and yours!

Greg & Andrea said...

I'm so glad that everything turned out OK and yes the Lord does watch over all of us.

Unknown said...

We're really grateful that you have healed so nicely. The pics and stories are great! But it makes me miss you even more! Kiss everyone for us. Love ya, Mom