Our Family

Our Family

Monday, September 7, 2009

This one's for you, Ammon

These are random pictures. They are just "life" around the house. The girls' hair is messy, faces are dirty, but we are having fun. Grandpa is always good to get the kids out of bed so that he can read them a story.Talmage likes blueberries, and smiling for the camera.
Avri has a new fascination with toads. We get lots of them in our yard. Here she has two of them and they are kissing and dancing. She's such a girl. Talmage would have them dueling with swords or something slightly more violent than dancing and kissing. :) Do you think when she is older that she will still be so excited to play with toads?
In our garden we grow ducks. Avri was very attached to this zucchini, so we were never allowed to eat it.
Another addition to our collection of disgusting bugs found in Illinois. This spider is at my parents' house. My dad has been "growing" her. YUCK!! I'm such an arachnophobe!!
Let's get a closer look at what will be the subject of my nightmares tonight!
We looked it up. It isn't dangerous to humans. It is a common black and yellow garden spider who just happens to be HUGE and DISGUSTING and SCARY! But I can't help but be somewhat intrigued.

3 comments:

argylesocks said...

They are sweeties. The kids, not the spiders.

anoyce said...

That spider is DISGUSTING!

Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

I am so glad that I have nothing like that around my house. The spiders by the way.