Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Out of the mouths of Babes

Talmage is at that age where you get a little nervous about what they are saying while they are in nursery, or at the grocery store, or anywhere but the comfort of your own home. These are a couple of the latest funny sayings.

I frequently tell him to sit flat on his bumm. Guess that is the teacher in me coming out. Well, his interpretation comes out sounding like this: "Sit on your fat bottom." I can just imagine him saying that to his nursery teacher.

This is a conversation we had the other day.
T: Mommy, you are a girl?
M: Yes, I'm a girl. And what are you?
T: I am a boy.
M: What is Daddy?
T: A boy
M: How about Avri?
T: She is a girl.
M: What is Sadie?
T: Ummm...a lady bug?

Maybe it is time to change her nickname. We've had a really hard time convincing him that she is actually a girl and not a small bug with black spots.

3 comments:

argylesocks said...

Your kids are so darn cute. I love hearing your stories of the things they say and do. I hope things your way are looking up.

Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

How cute! Melissa I have a blog now. It is kyleandamybrink.blogspot.com

Heather said...

TOO STINKIN CUTE!