Our Family

Our Family

Friday, April 3, 2009

WE DID IT!!

This is an exciting time in my life, and I feel like I'm in a new frontier where I don't quite know what to do. I've finally accomplished the feat of nursing a baby until they were one year old, and weaning that baby, not because I was pregnant, but because I wanted to wean! So, I did it! I am not pregnant OR nursing and I can take any medications I want for my allergies that are flaring up! I never remember to take medicine of course because it has been 4 1/2 years since I've been allowed to take medicine, but the fact that I CAN is cause for celebration. Of course, the other night I told Kendall that we needed to start thinking about how far apart we want to have the next one. No time soon, of course. I'm just a planner.

10 comments:

Deb Nott said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! I can't imagine how good that must feel!

Heather said...

YEAH! WOO HOO! Go celebrate and get all drugged up and eat as much chocolate as you can! J/K But congrats! That's too exciting!

Three Men and a Janie said...

Way to go Melissa! I think things like that deserve a big party! I can't wait until I can say the same thing... :)

Sadie is a cutie - I can't believe she is already ONE!!

Sunny said...

Congrats! I remember weaning and feeling weird that my body was my own again...I can't imagine how that must be for you. So happy for you and your body :) You can stop taking prenatal vitamins! You know that could save you some money :) It must be weird to be planning a baby even if your not planning for awhile. But to actually PLAN...are you allowed to do that? I didn't think YOU were. :)Enjoy it while it lasts! :) Oh and you might want to get that extra insurance now. :)

Kyle and Amy Brinkerhoff said...

Yea Melissa! I can't believe that I heard you say that you are planning on having another baby. I remember you saying that you were done after you had Mercedes. I wonder why? :)

argylesocks said...

I am so excited for you. A break for you and your body will be so good. Your kids are so cute, that makes me glad you are planning on having another, even if it will be a while. I am excited for you.

Christina Olson said...

That's quite the accomplishment! It is a good feeling when you don't have to worry about what you ingest, but as you would agree, breastfeeding is worth it:) Great job! p.s I'm a planner also...

Heather said...

Hey, in response to your comment on my 6th picture blog... no I wasn't cold at all! The weather was SO nice! I had a cape for pictures, but other than that, it was perfect blue skies and wonderful warm (warm for December that is) weather. We were REALLY lucky!

Deb Nott said...

I love the new photo! Happy Easter! In response to your question - I actually feel about the same as far as sickness goes, and the pregnancies have been surprisingly similar. With Merrill I only threw up once and so far the same is true with this one... but I still have 2 weeks until I am into the 2nd trimester! We shall see!

anoyce said...

Whoo hoo! That is AWESOME!