Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Snowed In

February began with the biggest snow storm that Illinois has had in a very long time. School was canceled on Tuesday in anticipation of all of the snow. And good thing, because the buses wouldn't have made it around by the end of school. Kendall was sent home from work shortly after noon so that he wouldn't get snowed in at work. Everything was canceled on Wednesday, including doctors offices and Kendall's work. It took Kendall most of the day to shovel us out of the house. But we had some fun too. Here is Kendall working on his latest spoon. He enjoyed the time off work!
My mom came and picked up the 3 oldest kids on Tuesday at lunch time and took them home with her. That meant that they were snowed in with Grandma and Grandpa for 2 days!! They had so much fun. They drank hot chocolate, made bead necklaces (Talmage gave his to a little crush in his primary class), slept on cots that Grandpa made for them, played in the snow a little bit and just had a great time. I really appreciated having them gone since I was sick during the whole week and with my pounding head it was nice to have a couple of quiet days. Rigdon, however, really missed the entertainment that they endlessly provide.I started getting sick a few days before the snow hit, but my Monday I was so miserable that I scheduled a doctor appointment for Tuesday morning. Luckily they could get me in before the snow hit. I had bronchitis and a sinus infection. The combination was nasty. I had a fever of 103.8 for two days and a cough that hurt my lungs terribly. But I got on my medication and was feeling much better by the end of the week.

School ended up being canceled for the remainder of the week (4 days in all!) and Avri's teacher said that it was the first time in her 34 years of teaching that she had ever seen that. The kids got lots of time to play in the snow. Kendall (being the fun dad that he is) piled the snow from the driveway and sidewalk out in the middle of the yard into a huge mountain. He said it was because he missed his Utah mountains so much that he decided to make one of his own.
Going out to start shoveling.

Once the mountain had settled for a couple of days, the kids went sledding.
And then after the sledding came the snow cave... but that is another post for another day. :)

Oh, and the sun finally came out, so here I am sunning my laundry in the living room. haha. All those baby poop stains just disappearing!

No comments: