Our Family

Our Family

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mother's Day Spoon

For Mother's Day this year Kendall decided to make his mom a spoon, using his new hobby and skills. He had never tried carving detail like words into a spoon, but he decided to try it this time. I thought it turned out very pretty.
I actually gave him the idea to glaze it to help the letters really "pop" and so he tried that and was very happy with the results.
I'm guessing that it probably won't get used for eating, so we put a ribbon on it so that she can at least hang it on the wall. :)
I'm so proud of my husband and all of his wonderful and amazing talents and skills. He really is a jack of all trades and he is constantly amazing me with all of the things that he is good at. And Happy Mother's Day to the wonderful woman who raised him.

No comments: