Our Family

Our Family

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Workaholic Husband

People think that I'm kidding when I say that Kendall works hard for fun. He ENJOYS chopping wood and lifting heavy objects and working so hard that he needs a shower. The other day Kendall told me that he hopes he finds a job soon so that he doesn't have to work so hard. :) haha. That is the truth though. Here are the latest projects and continuations of previous ones.

Here is the grass, you can barely tell that it is new and that only a couple of months ago it was only dirt. You can't really tell, but we planted 4 butterfly bush starts in the front beds. They look like they might not make it, but if they do we will have some beautiful purple flowers and lots of butterflies soon.
This is my finished brick work. We still have to finish the bricks going along the sidewalk and add mulch to the beds. But now the ground won't wash away.
Here is what we get for help. The kids fight over who gets to sit in this "new" car. They ALL love it. Look at that face! :)
And this is Kendall's next project: a retaining wall in the back yard.
Kendall laying the first blocks. I had no idea how much work it was going to take to get them perfectly straight and level, or what a perfectionist of a husband I have!
Avri helped by entertaining Macie.
Looking good Hun!
I like to watch him work so hard. :)
This picture really doesn't do it justice, but this is how much of the wall he was able to finish in one afternoon! These bricks are HUGE! They are about 16" wide and I can barely lift one by myself. The next thing we are putting in are the stairs up to the top terrace.
We do occasionally play too. We had a nice little picnic outside Sunday night since we have a break from the hot humid weather. Don't I have such a cute little family? I sure love this bunch!

6 comments:

Heather said...

wow! look at you guys go! you're my heros! I love what you're doing with your yard and how well it's paying off! Keep up the good work guys! We sure do miss you though! Did Dennis ever call Kendall back?

Aubrey Scott said...

wow! you guys sure have done a lot in just a few months. It looks great. I should stop buy and see it in person.

Charity said...

I know what you mean about retaining walls. Rick put one in at our house in Lafayette, and I had no idea tha amount of work that went into one of those. Rick was very precise as well about getting it level and perfect. I sure look at retaining walls differently now!!
Thngs are looking good at your place : ).

DeCaires Family said...

Love the hair and I can't believe you didn't let me cut it!!!! Always good to change things up a bit.

The Foxy Fam said...

Wow! You guys are making some major progress! The house, yard, and retaining wall all look great! Way to go! Keep up the good work guys! :)

Sunny said...

I've been watching your landscape progress intently taking notes. Man, you guys are doing so much. We need to get on it! We haven't even started on the front yard like we said we would this year. You guys continue to be an inspiration! I want to be like you when I grow up!!